Recertification helps strengthen the overall value of your AWS Certification.
- Some video courses offer hands-on labs to practise what you learn during the course.
- It can be really overwhelming if you need to search for great quality material.
- Prior to this Blogpost, I also released a guide for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam technical preparation notes.
- All Infosec training maps directly to the NICE Workforce Framework for Cybersecurity to guide you from beginner to expert across 52 Work Roles.
- Even though you are not required to be an expert in every single one of them, you should know them all, their main features, their use cases, and their costumer benefits.
- As cloud computing adoption continues to grow, the demand for skilled security specialists with expertise in AWS is on the rise.
- The security exam has a passing score of 750 so each time I practised a mock exam or a set of sample questions I checked if I got at least 75% of the answers right.
I personally prefer to cover most of the study material first and then book the exam few weeks in advance. The security exam has a passing score of 750 so each time I practised a mock exam or a set of sample questions I checked if I got at least 75% of the answers right. This confirmed I was ready for the exam and highlighted some of the areas which I needed to review (usually related to IAM and KMS). Prior to this Blogpost, I also released a guide for the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam technical preparation notes. This contains the foundational information which also helps for this exam, so I highly recommend reading the notes from there as well.
This course is ideal for anyone in a technical role who wants to learn the fundamentals of identifying AWS services to make informed decisions about IT solutions. Whether you’re in a technical or non-technical role, this course helps you gain an overall understanding of the AWS Cloud and prepare for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam. Learn about the AWS Certified Security – Specialty exam—including what domains are covered on the exam, what’s out of scope, and recommended prior experience. Infosec Skills cyber ranges require no additional software, hardware or server space so your team can spend less time configuring environments and more time learning. Unlimited cyber range access is included in every Infosec Skills subscription so your team can skill up however they learn best. Lucky for you, I’ve spent some time curating the available study material and highlighting some of the stuff worth reading.
- He also architected solutions for companies to move into AWS, Azure and GCP while maintaining or increasing their security posture.
- This included few wrong commands, mainly due to misprints and poor typesetting.
- When embarking in a new project, my project management technique is to create a Trello board and start recording all the things I need to do to reach my project goals.
- With KMS, you can create, rotate, and manage the encryption keys used to encrypt your data, as well as audit the use of your keys, and detect and respond to any unauthorized use.
- Based on Global Knowledge’s 2020 IT Skills and Salary Report, the AWS Certified Security – Specialty certification is one of the top 10 most popular cybersecurity certifications of 2020.
Candidates must possess a solid understanding of AWS security services, features, and best practices to pass the exam successfully. In other words, participating in study groups will enable you to stay in touch with experts and professionals who are already on this path. To clear the concepts and develop a strong understanding, you can also refer to instructor-led training and online classes.
Understanding the AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS-C Exam
You can access your lectures, readings and assignments anytime and anywhere via the web or your mobile device. This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. It could be a good idea to set yourself some time marks, for example, 20 minutes for every 10 questions, that will give you some time at the end to review the questions you weren’t sure. During the exam you will have enough time to carefully read every question and its options.
Minimum 3–5 years of experience in designing and implementing security solutions and protecting AWS platform. These live webinars led by accredited AWS instructors will help prepare you for AWS Certification exams. Explore our role-based certifications for those in Cloud Practitioner, Architect, Developer, and Operations roles, as well as our Specialty certifications in specific technical areas.
Learn with expert AWS instructors who teach you in-demand cloud skills and best practices
The reader will have a better idea of what to expect during the exam, and how to be ready for it. The post is geared toward Security Engineers who are pursuing the certification, and are looking for advice on their preparation to pass the exam. AWS Classroom Training offers live aws certified security specialist classes with instructors who teach you in-demand cloud skills and best practices using a mix of presentations, discussion, and hands-on labs. Ask questions, work through solutions in person, and get feedback from AWS-accredited instructors with deep technical knowledge.
- In my case, professional growth was the main driver as I wanted to deepen my AWS knowledge in the security space.
- There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
- An ongoing relationship, providing access to our AWS expertise at any time.
- More emphasis should be placed on the theoretical aspect and hands-on training, which can be strengthened by receiving training from experts or taking classes from a reputable organization.